New Year’s resolution

1:12 AM

It is my 20th New Year celebration, and up to what I remember I've been taking New Year's resolution right from my 8th grade. Good isn't it? But worst at the same time, I never followed my resolutions for more than a week.

My 8th grade New Year's resolution (I wonder I really took at that age)

  • I'll never fling on with abusive terms, which I'd have overdrawn on 2nd day (and every another year I repeated with that resolution, hope I wouldn't have to continue with it in the next year)
  • I'll eat all green vegetables, obliged to me by my mom (I tried to follow, but never succeeded in it, believe me, I'm trying till now)
  • I'll always maintain brotherly relation with Bipin (my old neighbor), in a sense I'll never fight with him, and it was that time we shifted our home. It also been almost 7 years since we came across, but technically I kept that resolution (Just because we never met)

So it means, New Year's resolution are meant to be broken, but as a part of routine I've designed a new set of resolution this time

  • Many said that I talk longer over phone, well that's not bad, but I talk longer even when I'm in gathering (I know it's rude, but didn't realized it until my friend pointed it out), So, my first resolution I'll avoid conversation over phone while I'm in gathering
  • My first ever resolution I'll try not to use abusive words (I pray I follow this one at least, I'm quite fed up of repeating it every year)
  • I'll always help poor; up to what I can (I realized that the joy lies in giving after all my friends suggested going for some charity)

  • I'll always make a point in following only one book at a time (Many times I read two books, and end up leaving both the books half way), I might omit this resolution because I'm currently reading Mein Kampf, which is so boring, reading it will be a mind-numbing experience.

Let us see if I follow this, and also this December 31st will mark a complete one year to my blogging. Thanks to all my visitors lol.. I'm talking like hundreds of people visit my space daily. But who ever visits is now a part of my life. Again I'm behaving like I'm getting blog award.

5 comments:

Sophia Ali said...

hehehe...don't worry. Resolutions are meant to be broken.

I have so many. And some will die within the first week of January itself.

But go and make yourself some more.

Nice Post.

Rahul Jain said...

First thing, I'm really afraid of commitments..

Taking less resolutions have its positive sides too..
Less resolution are the least thing you'll be bothered for, it means no tension.. and even if you break those resolution you'll have less guilt.. lol..

Shafi said...

Nice to hear from you.... I was wondering what happened to you. U know, no post, no comments, no replys..... :)

my new year wishes to you.... See u.

Rahul Jain said...

@ shafi: Nice to hear from you too..

Time hi nahi milta yaar.. college se ghar.. ghar se college.. Life's like hell now

Honey Bee said...

Those are some nice resolutions.
Strangely, I haven't even thought of making any! anyway, good luck with yours. :)