You won’t say, “I’m clever”

3:26 AM

It's one of those incidents where you can say me clever, in spite of doing a goofy task.

Rolling back into the flash

Year 1998 (I vaguely remember)

At that time we were had some crap subjects which demanded by-hearting bird's and animal's name. The exams were on, we the kids were crumbling the pressure, so all night I was struggling with the names of the animal, no matter how much pain I took to memorize the word 'deer', It took the life out of me to understand that the animal's name is 'D-E-E-R', I screamed it loud 5 times, wrote it on the paper 10 times, but whenever mom asked I answered it 'D-E-A-R', anyhow I crumbled it into my tiny head, rest of the night passed in chirping of the birds, sounds of the animals, and colours of animals.

Finally it was the day of the exam, and all that I could hear was tttttttrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiinnnnnnnggggggg, time to enter in examination cell,
now we were flipping pages faster, with the irritating humming echo of recalling answers, from the last minutes queries to the last minutes answer, all in the span of 30 seconds, finally we were mocking each other in the class room with the fear of questions in the paper.

We got our question paper, I was happy that I knew all the answers, suddenly my eyes stuck to the question " Animal's Name : ____ (deer/dear)", for time being I left the question, priyanka who sat after me, poked me and asked a doubt, I answered it, she kept poking me, lately I realized that I've to show her answers unless she won't allow me to concentrate, then with the fear of her scoring better than me, I showed her wrong answers.

It was last couple of minutes left, in my excitement of showing her wrong answer I forgot to answer the deer question, priyanka too finished her paper and exclaimed if I need her help, I asked her is "d-e-e-r" correct, she stumbled for a second and said yeah it's D-E-E-R, she's sure, her dad helped her with that question last night, I was too clever to think that she willingly answered me wrong with the fear that I'll get better marks, so I wrote D-E-A-R. I was happy that my answer was correct, merrily came to school on the next day and noticed that I was wrong, she told me the correct answer.

Was it was clever of me to think that she'd betrayed me, or it was dumb of me to think so.

3 comments:

Sophia Ali said...

ha ha ha....guilty conscious....that was so sweet of her to give you the correct answer, but see your own action made you suspect hers too...

Rahul Jain said...

yeah.. to an extent..

That taught me a lesson, when copying is considered, you should blindly believe the person from whom you're copying..

Anonymous said...

when copying is considered, you should blindly believe the person from whom you're copying..

well
than that the best thing is to learn well and be sure with our answers,

have fun,nice blogging